Purpose: The Account Coordinator position is the entry point of a Client Service Professional to develop the skills required to become a Client Service Leader. This training position will touch on Internal/External Communications, Budget Management, Workflow Process, Leadership of Internal Teams, Understanding Agency Disciplines and Strategic Planning. The Account Coordinator will develop an understanding of business concepts, practices, and procedures as they interface with different departments of the Agency. The next step in the career path of the Account Coordinator is the promotion into an Associate Account Executive position.
Role Summary: The Account Coordinator’s role is to provide administrative and client service support to the Client Service Team. This position reports to the Client Service Manager as well as their assigned Client Service Teams. Key skill sets for a successful Account Coordinator include being organized and detail oriented, time efficient, able to multitask, and able to cope in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment. The Account Coordinator assists with advertising and media research; client reports and presentations; and project coordination, timelines, and budgets. This position has limited client contact but responds to needs and requests pertaining to daily production tasks and projects. The Account Coordinator is responsible for organizing production for print, digital & broadcast media. They will learn and manage workflow tasks including but not limited to the detailed responsibilities below:
- Maintain a daily ad/project list.
- Follow a job/project from beginning to end and retain all information or research needed to complete the job or project whether it be contacting a client, vendor, the Client Service Team or the internet.
- Communicate and work effectively with the balance of the AC team to process Agency workload from beginning to end. Initiate solutions and identify opportunities on all accounts, even those that are not the responsibility of that AC when/if coverage is needed.
- Communicate effectively with the Art/Creative, Digital, Production and Media/Research Departments to move work through the production process.
- Communicate with our clients to move work initiated by the Account Lead through the production process.
- Develop the skills to work with Client Service Team and the creative team on conceptual and creative ideas for ads.
- Bring added value by contributing creative ideas and direction.
- Proof all assigned ads and receive final approval from compliance if applicable and Account Lead before ad is sent to the vendor partner.
- Ensure that each ad is proofed for spelling, grammar, phone numbers, content and dates.
- Proof confirmations to ensure that correct information was sent to the vendor.
- Coordinate scheduling of all print media buys including newspaper ads/inserts, direct mail, dealer directories, help wanted ads etc.
- Reconcile invoices that do not match insertion orders.
- Schedule and research event equipment and other customized branding items.
- Input any print vendor pre-pay orders and follow through with delivery of payment.
- Billing responsibilities include inputting all media invoices as well as most production invoices.
- Proof client draft invoice for accuracy before giving to Account Lead for final approval.
- Phone coverage for receptionist.
- Ensure that tearsheets and backup are pulled for clients that require them
- Pull required tearsheets/backup and complete appropriate forms for coop submission.
- Assist with pulling coop budget data. (Note: Overall management of coop budget is the Account Lead’s responsibility.)
- Develop an understanding of Automotive Advertising Rules & Regulations (Legal) by State/Region and Manufacturer Advertising Compliance Guidelines
- Attend client & internal meetings as deemed appropriate by Account Manager. Must alert and coordinate workload with Client Service Manager prior to meeting.
Job Type: Full-time
Marketing: 1 year
Do you know someone who is perfect for this position? Please share.